Thursday, August 24, 2017

Holiday Month... Still Crazy Busy

Hello all!!

This post begins with a huge answer to prayer!! As many of you know, right before leaving Zambia for the school holiday my VISA was actually handed to me. To be honest I had kind of given up hope that I would actually ever receive it in paper and would have to continue making monthly treks to the immigration office for a new stamp (my passport is filling up quickly lol); but God had other plans!! On my way to the airport to leave the country Helen and I stopped by the immigration office in Ndola (same city as the airport and about an hour and a half drive from Kakolo) to see if we could pick up the visa. When we got there we had to look through a huge binder of names and visa applications looking for my name to prove that mine had been approved. After finding it we showed the lady at the entrance to the tiny room that housed three desks for three workers. One of the gentleme inside said, "Ah, why do you come so late? You must come back tomorrow. We have already knocked off. (clocked out)." He quickly pointed to a sign on the door stating the times of operation for picking up visas. Helen began to tell him that we came from a long distance and because of our jobs we couldn't get there any sooner. Again he said that he couldn't issue it to us. As kind of a last ditch effort I said that I was leaving for school holiday as soon a second we left the office and wouldn't be able to come back for awhile. That's when God did a work. He looked at me for a second and then hurried me through then paperwork and I left with my visa in hand. It may not seem like much if you've never negotiated in a third world county before, but there was no reason why he had to give me that visa except that God changed his mind! God is good!

Off I was to South Africa to spend some time with my aunt and uncle!! It's been great so far and I have one more week with them before heading back on the 2nd of September. 

Andrew was hoping to come for a visit during this break, but work responsibilities have grown with his brothers business growing quite a bit in the last two months. Since he couldn't come he bought a round trip ticket for me to fly back to the U. S. for a couple of days! It was a fun mini vacation to see him and my family and to get some much needed school supplies!

I've been back in South for about a week now and am having such fun with my family here! Cousins are fun when you're little, but I think they're more fun when you're older! We're having a blast!

Thank you for your prayers!

*if there are any typos I blame autocorrect on my iPad 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment