Thursday, June 15, 2017

Comfort Zones

God has done it! My visa has been approved, and I am headed back to Zambia tomorrow Lord willing! I am beyond excited to go back and continue working with my kiddos in our 4th – 6th grade classroom and the dear staff members I’ve grown to love! But I’m also so thankful for God’s allowance of a little extra time home. He has taught me much about Himself and just how much I still must learn.  Originally, I was so confused as to what God was doing as I had to learn to patiently wait for His timing, but I’m so thankful for the teaching time He has so graciously granted.

See, I would have told you that being in Zambia was way out of my comfort zone and really forced me to rely on God’s strength! I thought that this time at home would be comfortable… but God had other plans! His plans were far above my own! God taught me the importance of being out of my comfort zone, through working on houses (which I knew nothing about beforehand) and through substituting for classes that I barely remembered from high school. But God has shown me Himself through it all!

God is Creator.

God has made all things in the world around me from the smallest atom and element to the largest galaxy!!!!

God is in control.

God has forgiven me of so much.

God is a God of beauty and design.

God wants His church to be unified.

God delights in the passing of His faithful ones.

God gives strength and help!

God alone is supreme.

God is love, unconditional love.

Christ is sufficient.

God is the only One who deserves my desire to please!

He has taught me so much! Many of these truths I am rehearsing daily because I still struggle with slipping into beliefs that contradict these truths, but as Paul says in Philippians, Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Tomorrow I go back to another uncomfortable zone, and I praise God for it! I don’t want to be complacent in my walk with Jesus! I want each day to rely on Him and lean on Him for every word, thought, and action!

Am I there yet? Nope! But again, God is faithful and will fulfill His promises toward me!
I claim these truths as I head back to Zambia, begging God to draw me closer to Himself through this next season in my life!

I covet your prayers for safety in travels and for open doors to talk about my Lord with those I connect with. Pray that I would be able to build relationships with my kiddos and point them to the One who can give their lives meaning and purpose!

Thank you also to all of you who have financially supported me! I could not be where God has led without your generous giving! Know that it is an investment in the Kingdom!

God Bless
Abbie Rysta


Psalm 72:18 – Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.

No comments:

Post a Comment